Order of the Golden Hammer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Order of the Golden Hammer! A dedicated guild for Warhammer Online! As a group of close friends based in England, we will bring death to Destruction!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Those having problems logging into OB...

Go down 
+3
Mozza
Bant Warick
Mystie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Those having problems logging into OB... Empty
PostSubject: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Well, the whole WAR Europe site is now down so maybe something's happening over there...?

Started this thread for us to moan separately about the rubbishness of this situation...
Back to top Go down
https://goldenhammer.forumotion.com
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:33 am

Well it looks like we won't be playing OB today Mystie. Nothing has been said from GOA for nearly 3 hours now and the registration servers have been down for the whole day practically. Hopefully I'll get to play it sometime this week. But I'm pretty bitter that GOA have failed to deliver.
Back to top Go down
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 am

Yes mate, I'm starting to think I paid £60 for some extra faces and stuff I may end up putting on eBay... and that's not a lot of value for money. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mozza
Squire
Squire
Mozza

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:15 am

Dont 4get your headstart lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chrismorris1988
KingLuke
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
KingLuke

Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 am

From GOA:

Quote :
State of Situation - 2:00 am Central Europe Time
Open Beta, What's going on?

We have encountered serious problems with the authentication system since this morning, while the stability of the game servers, the speed of the patcher and the performance of the downloader have all been satisfactory. This issue, combined with an exceptional amount of traffic and a fault which was not identified during the extensive tests we ran on our platform has unfortunately limited the access to our servers to only a few of you along with our closed beta testers who had already been a part of the closed beta.

During the day, we have reconfigured authentication and database servers several times, both of which suffered under the huge number of simultaneous connections. The investigations and corrections we have done so far were essentially targeting the parts of the system which didn’t require a complete stop of the writing process in the database. This means we preferred to keep the database turned on during the day to let it work on the huge number of accounts that were in the process of being handled. This operation will continue through the night and when complete, we will shut down the database and reconfigure it.

If the operation works as anticipated, we can once again give you access to the account page and let you register your code for the open beta. We expect the whole maintenance to be finished late Monday morning.

Naturally, we will keep you informed of the development of this maintenance and we expect to give you an update mid-morning.

We thank you for your understanding at this very impatient time and we sincerely apologize for the situation.

Quote :
A personal letter from our CEO - 3:00 am Central Europe Time
GOA's CEO, Ghislaine Le Rhun on the Sunday's events

Dear all,

I rarely address players directly, but I wanted to write you as too few of you have been able to access the open beta today.

As my team explained in the previous post, although we have opened the servers and corrected numerous issues during the last 24 hours but we have not yet solved the issue of saturated Open Beta key activations that we’re currently experiencing. I am sincerely sorry for this, and I understand all the frustration the situation has spawned.

Today was a dark day. We expected a massive influx of players, but reality was even harsher.
I personally commit that we will communicate to you as clearly as possible on the resolution of these current issues. My goal is to give Warhammer Online the success it deserves. Be ensured that all GOA teams, with Mythic’s support, are working hard to bring you the best possible game experience.

Best regards,
Ghislaine Le Rhun
GOA CEO

Quite frankly, that's not good enough. Why are we paying for a shitty service? Where's the dedicated and effort from the US team? Not seeing problems there. GOA, you suck.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenhammerguild.blogspot.com/
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am

Fingers crossed for today!
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:06 pm

The latest info from WHA.

Quote :
The servers do indeed have a much higher capacity than what is being used right now. The reason there aren't more players online is the difficulties we've had with account registrations and open beta key validations.

Our technicians have been reconfiguring these servers throughout yesterday evening and night, allowing for a stream of players to authenticate their keys. Not nearly as many as we should though. As a consequence, we brought down the servers this morning. Currently, we are in the process of implementing the last few bits and pieces in a new key authentication system which should be online in an hour or two. When this kicks in and people start coming home from work, we should see a significantly stronger stream of players gaining access to and joining our Open Beta servers.

Whereas we can make no promises at this points, we have high hopes for these changes and are excitedly awaiting to see the fruits of our work in the form of intense WAR on our servers!

-Magnus

So if all goes to plan we should at least be on sometime tonight.
Back to top Go down
Feuertaufe
Squire
Squire
Feuertaufe

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:38 pm

The servers are up now at least cheers
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:31 pm

I have finally managed to validate my key. Very Happy
Now I'm just waiting for the confirmation E-mail.
*sigh* I hope waiting for anything isn't in this game cause I don't think I can take it.
Back to top Go down
Kudaranai
Peasant
Peasant
Kudaranai

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Same here Bent:/ really hope Ill recieve it today:)
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Bent?

check out this aswell for a FAQ about whats going on. It gets updated every now and then.
http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1391706#post1391706
Back to top Go down
Kudaranai
Peasant
Peasant
Kudaranai

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Bant** sry bout that:)
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:17 pm

lol no probs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Yeah, like Bent I've managed to validate my key straight away after logging on when I got home from work.

[Edit] btw, Bent, have you received an email yet the official Q&A says it'll take 1-2 hours for a reply... and fearing that I sound like a WHA forumite pessimist, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't yet mate.

[Edit's edit] lol, Good lord. Just look at this headline: LINKY. I wanna cry Wink
Back to top Go down
Kudaranai
Peasant
Peasant
Kudaranai

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:40 pm

tehe..Mystie said Bent too^^
Back to top Go down
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:55 pm

hehe, trouble is - He's gonna kick my ass in work tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 am

Damn straight Missy. No I haven't received my E-mail yet. I put my code in somewhere between 4 and 5. I'm hoping it's gonna arrive while I'm asleep.
Back to top Go down
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:28 am

Got my confirmation email 10 minutes ago.

Just don't know where to go with it now though... and it's late. So bed.
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:07 am

WHAT!?!?!?!
15 hours and I'm still waiting for mine!!! This officially sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
Mozza
Squire
Squire
Mozza

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am

When you get the email i think you start up the game and it patches, then you can play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chrismorris1988
Kudaranai
Peasant
Peasant
Kudaranai

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Havent gotten my email either:/
Back to top Go down
Feuertaufe
Squire
Squire
Feuertaufe

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:29 pm

I'll send you a prayer while deeply engaged in playing my ass off ^^
Back to top Go down
Rushtonian
Poopsmith
Poopsmith
Rushtonian

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Downloaded the mega 10gig beta client... scrounged myself a beta pass... got really excited and then....

Account registrations are now disabled on the war-europe site.

I ask you, whhhhyyy?
Back to top Go down
Bant Warick
Squire
Squire
Bant Warick

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 pm

26 hours and still no e-mail.
Well I guess I won't be seeing any of you lot till launch (as long as that doesn't fuck up)
Back to top Go down
Mystie
Squire
Squire
Mystie

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Installing patcher now... let's hope it'll work when it's done.

Try spamming the email thing, Bant. Either that or putting in a wrong email address. It work for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those having problems logging into OB...   Those having problems logging into OB... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Those having problems logging into OB...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order of the Golden Hammer :: The Dungeons :: Torture Chamber-
Jump to: